So here is the rest of the information sent through. I plan to get there at around 9.00am to register the team (and miss the parking fiasco) so if you plan to come can you let me know so that I register you. Play starts promptly at 10.30, so we need to be ready to go by around 10.00 am and it will take a while to get throguh the car park and find the team.
Anyway here's what they said.
We look forward to seeing you at the Clifton Tournament on October the 2nd 2011. Full details for the tournament are as follows. Please read these carefully. These details may be freely distributed to your parents and coaches.
• Registration will take place in the clubhouse, and will commence at 9.00am and must be completed by 10.00am (to enable play to start promptly at 10.30am).
• If for any reason a team has been delayed and is likely to be late in arriving, a representative of that team is responsible for notifying the Tournament Coordinator as soon as possible and under no circumstances later than 9.45am otherwise that team may be assumed to have withdrawn and their place will be forfeited. No refunds of tournament fees in that case will be made.
• A registration form is attached. Complete a form for each age group, and bring these along on the day. (Let me know if you're coming so I can fill this out, we are a little light on numbers at the moment - PL)
• Players’ registration cards must be shown at registration. Any player without one will not be allowed to participate in the Tournament. In exceptional circumstances alternative evidence of age and identity MAY be accepted. The decision to allow participation rests with the Tournament Coordinator in case of dispute. (I have all the cards, so we're good to go there - PL)
• The Tournament will be played under the set of Continuum Rules (I have a set and will post the key bits later - PL) that are current on the date of the Tournament; a copy will be available on the day for reference.
• For the avoidance of doubt all games will be of the following duration assuming a minimum of five teams per pool:-
5 mins each way
5 mins each way
6 mins each way
6 mins each way
7 mins each way
7 mins each way
In the finals, if the score is level at full time the following will occur:-
U7s, U8s & U9s Each team will receive a trophy
U10s, U11 s, & U12s – In the event or a tie the “Silver Try” rule will apply, (the first team to have scored in normal time will be the winners).
In the event of a nil, nil draw both teams will receive a trophy*.
*The Teams managers with the referee will toss a coin to determine who will take the trophy on the day. Arrangements will be made for a duplicate trophy to be sent to them.
(* Teams will toss a coin to determine who will take the trophy on the day.)
Arrangements will be made for a duplicate trophy to be sent to the other team following the tournament
• Maximum squad sizes for the tournament are as follows:
• Each club shall supply one nominated suitably qualified referee for each age group. (I've tolod them we aren't bringing a referee and they said no problem - PL)
• There will be a briefing meeting for referees of each age group on the relevant pitches at 10.15 am.
• Each team is to nominate a touch judge for each game in which they play who must make themselves known to the referee officiating that game.
• The referee will be the sole judge of time and is responsible for reporting the scores to the relevant pitch marshal. The pitch marshal is responsible for filing the scores to the Tournament Coordinator, and for ensuring ground control.
• Should there be any dispute regarding the refereeing decision then the Tournament
Coordinator will support and uphold the decision of the referee.
• Any complaint made by a referee to the Tournament Coordinator concerning abuse (let's keep cool out there folks - PL) in any form from players, coaches, or spectators could result in disqualification of the team concerned.
4. Tournament Play
• Each age group will be divided into two pools and play will take place on two pitches for each age group. Details of the pitch layout will be available in the tournament programme together with the times of each game. All supporters must remain behind the ropes at all times.
• All teams must report to the correct pitch and be ready to play at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start. If teams are late the pitch marshal has the authority to award the game with a score of 2 points to 0 to the team waiting following a wait of a minimum of 5 minutes from scheduled start. This is in the best interests of all concerned.
• Each team will play against every other team in its pool, 3 points will be awarded for a win and 1 for a draw. In the event of a tie the order of teams will be decided by count back of tries scored. If teams are still equal then a try difference count (tries for minus tries against). If the teams are still level then the result will be decided on the toss of a coin.
• The pitch marshals are responsible for the smooth running of the pitches and will ensure that the timetable is adhered to as far as practical. No game will start before the scheduled start.
• There will be no conversions at any age group
• Finals will be played as follows:
Cup Final: Winner Pool A v Winner Pool B
Winner receives the Cup and the Runner-up the Plate
Shield Final: Runner-up Pool A v Runner-up Pool B
The winner receives the Shield.
In this way the top two teams in each pool will be competing for three pieces of silver ware. All participants in the Cup and Shield Finals will receive a medal. (So folks if you want a medal, and I no some do enjoy the silverware, then you have to finish in the top two in the pool - PL).
• All trophies and medals will be presented at the conclusion of the Tournament.