Well done to all 18 players who all contributed to a good win. Strong running and some good passing in places. Again the contact area can be challenging. I would like ALL players to think about their job when they take the ball into contact.
CAN EVERY PLAYER LEARN THIS BY TUESDAY
1. CAN I GIVE A SIMPLE PASS TO A SUPPORT RUNNER- if yes, DRAW THE MAN AND PASS
2. if no then I have to go into contact, LOW BODY POSITION, drive with legs stay on your feet, BALL IN TWO HANDS until you are tackled by a legal tackle
3. As you are tackled, ask CAN I GIVE A SIMPLE POP PASS OFF THE GROUND TO A SUPPORT RUNNER, if yes and support runner is ready, hands up and calling GIVE THE PASS.
4. If not as you land after the tackle you must present the ball, actively and aggressively getting into PENCIL with an immediate body action. After placing the ball your job is done.
THE NEXT MAN THERE
1.if there is no opposition, pick up the ball and go.However this is unusual as players from both sides usually arrive together.
2. You must become an 'angry Hungary bulldog" with hips overvthe ball guarding it as if it is your only chance of food that day. We ate technically OK at this but need the hunger to be more physical, low body driving any opposition off the ball in what is now a RUCK.
3. next player is acting scrum-half and must pass.